Baked Zucchini Recipe
I don't know how French this baked zucchini recipe could really be considered, but I find that it fits easily into my French menus. Zucchini is one of those vegetables that seems to be in the grocery store just about year round so you can almost always whip this up. It takes less then five minutes to fix, so it can be a welcome addition to the table if you are a harried cook. Try one of these other zucchini recipes on Easy French Food: Ratatouille or zucchini fritters recipe.
You can follow along in this video or just print out the recipe and use that.
Prep time: 10 min
Bake time: 30 min
- Zucchini (one per person is a good number, but it does depend on the zucchini and the person)
- Olive oil (about 1 tablespoon per zucchini)
- Parmesan cheese (about 1 tablespoon per zucchini)
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and then crosswise, if you want smaller pieces. Place in an oven proof baking dish, skin side down.
- Drizzle the zucchini with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon per zucchini - less if you want to save a few calories). Use a pastry brush to evenly distribute the olive oil on the zucchini tops.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and pepper and finish with the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for about thirty minutes. The zucchini are done when they are tender and the tops golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Return to Easy Vegetable Recipes.