Easy Shrimp Recipe
This easy shrimp recipe employs Pastis, a licorice flaovred alcohol popular in the south of France. You can use pastis in recipes. The key is to mix it in at the end of cooking and not too much. It adds a very pleasant licorice taste that goes especially well with fish.
This super quick shrimp recipe that makes good use of pastis' sweet licorice flavor.
Crevettes au Pastis
Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pastis or other licorice liquor
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat and add the shrimp and the shallots. Cook, stirring and shaking the pan, until the shrimp are done - about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pastis and stir and then quickly remove the shrimp. Add the cream to the pan and cook on high heat for about 1 minute. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce on the shrimp and serve immediately.
Learn more about Pastis, the licorice liquor.
Return to French Seafood Recipes.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.