Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Try this easy strawberry mousse recipe instead of the usual chocolate for a change that your family will notice. A fruit dessert is oftentimes just what is needed, especially in the heat of summer.
- Try buying produce from a roadside stand. Fruit has often been picked in a nearby field and should be more flavorful and juicy than the ones you find in the supermarket.
- Store berries in the fruit and vegetable bin of your refrigerator.
- To fully appreciate their taste, take berries out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before eating them.
- Strawberries contain lots of Vitamin C - a one cup serving covers your RDA for this vitamin.
- For a very quick dessert, slice berries, sprinkle with just a hint of sugar, and serve with sweetened whip cream. This should bring a smile to just about anyone's face.
Mousse aux FraisesMakes 6 servings
- 1 pound strawberries, plus 6 small ones for decoration if you wish
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of salt
DirectionsIn a blender or food processor, puree berries with lemon juice and sugar. In a mixing bowl beat cream until it is stiff. Gradually and gently mix the whipped cream with the berries. In another mixing bowl beat egg whites with salt until stiff. Mix one cup of egg whites into berry and cream mixture, and then gently fold this back into egg whites. Pour the mousse into individual serving dishes and decorate with a strawberry. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.