Popular Pages


Soupe de Chapelure

by Eve
(Ridgefield, CT, USA)

Question: I see "soupe de chapelure" in French recipes. Is this "breadcrumb soup"? Do you know where I could find a recipe for this? Or is it just another way of saying breadcrumbs?

Answer: Hi Eve. Thanks for writing to me with your question.

What you are seeing in recipes are the words cuillere de soupe de chapelure. Chapeulure is dried bread crumbs, and cuillere de soupe is a tablespoon.

So no breadcrumb soup, but I got a giggle from that. Merci and happy cooking!

Click here to post comments.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to French Food Questions