- 4 fish fillets, about 6 ounces each
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- Set up your breading bowls. In one goes the flour, the next the egg, which is beaten, and in the last the bread crumbs.
- Pat the fish fillets dry of any moisture with a paper towel. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Roll the fish in the flour than shake off any excess. Dip the fillet in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Turn the fish several times in the bread crumbs and use your finger tips to help them adhere.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat and allow it to warm for several minutes. When it is hot, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. Heat for another minute or so.
- Add the fish to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side. If you have thick fillets you'll need to cook them a little longer.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and place it on some folded paper towel to absorb a little of the oil. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Garnish: lemon, fresh herbs (parsley, chervil, dill), hard boiled egg
Sauces: hollandaise sauce, beurre blanc sauce, tomato coulis
Accompaniments: mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, ratatouille, tomatoes
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com