Quiche sans pâte
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Gruyere is always a good choice for quiches)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Use the tablespoon of butter to generously grease the sides and bottom of a 10 inch quiche pan
- Whisk the eggs together with the flour, just until the eggs are blended and there are not too many clumps of flour.
- Whisk in the milk and cream.
- Whisk in the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Finally, stir in the cheese and ham. Pour into the prepared quiche pan, stirring the ingredients together as you pour (this helps to insure that the ham and cheese are evenly distributed).
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Variations: Use whatever you wish in substitute for the the cheese and ham. Any of the quiche recipes on Easy French Food can be made into a crustless version. Just follow the order of mixing ingredients given in the recipe here, and don't forget to include the flour.
Gluten Free: Substitute an equal amount of cornstarch for the 2 tablespoons of flour.