Tarte Flambée Express
- 1 baguette, sliced in two horizonatally
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 7 ounces lardons (or lean bacon, cut in small strips)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche (or substitute heavy cream)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Gruyère or similar)
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet on medium heat. Add the lardons and the chopped onion and cook until the bacon is cooked through and the onion soft (about 10 minutes).
- Spread the crème fraiche on the cut side of the baguette. Spread the bacon and onion mixture even on top. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Place under the grill for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the bread is warmed through. Serve immediately.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com