- 6 round zucchinis (about 1/2 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (try parsley, cilantro, or basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash and dry the zucchinis. Slice off the tops and scoop out the interiors until just 1/3 inch of flesh remains all around, leaving the zucchini intact. An apple corer can be useful to get things started, then use a spoon.
- Chop about 1/2 of the scooped out portion and reserve this for the filling. Place the hollowed out zucchinis in a baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. <:li>
- Add the chopped zucchini and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the egg, bread crumbs, fresh herbs, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl and stir in the onion mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon this mixture into each of the hollowed out zucchinis (it's ok if the filling mounds over the top of the zucchinis). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place the tops back on the zucchinis.
- Pour the prepared bouillon into the baking dish around the zucchinis.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com