Gratin de courge spaghetti
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and peper
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or whipping cream
- 2 ounces shredded gruyere or other cheese
- Oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Squash Preparation. Carefully wash and dry the squash. Slice off about an inch off of the ends. Balance it on one of the sliced off ends and then slice it through lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape out the fiber and seeds.
- Bake. Arrange the cut squash flesh side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil on each half and use a pastry brush to distribute the oil. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
- Shred. Remove the squash from the oven and allow it to to cool enough to handle easily. Use a fork to scrape up and shred the flesh into filaments (the spaghetti).
- Mix. Place the shredded flesh in a greased baking dish and stir together with the crème fraiche or whipping cream. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake again. Bake another 15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Makes about 6 side dish servings.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com