Coulis de framboise
- 1 quart fresh or frozen raspberries (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 black currant liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The berries will gradually disintegrate as they are cooking. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain the sauce through a fine mesh wire sieve placed over a bowl, using the back of a spoon to push on the pulp. Throw away the seeds and pulp that remain in the sieve.
- Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. Pour the sauce into a clean jar with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This syrup can be stored for several days in the refrigerator.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com