- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced in slivers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 orange), seeded and cut in thin slices
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons piment d'Esplette powder (or substitute hot or mild paprika)
- salt and pepper
- optional: 2 ounces Bayonne ham (or substitute another raw cured ham), sliced in strips
Makes 4 servings.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sturdy skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook stirring frequently for five minutes.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and cook stirring frequently for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, piment d'Espelette, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes or until the bell peppers are quite soft.
- Stir in the the sliced ham and warm through.
Use this recipe as a topping for eggs cooked any sort of way (poached, omelet, or scrambled), or try serving it with rice or pasta.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com