Tarte amandine aux poires
Fit the pie shell to a 10 inch or so fluted tart pan. Prick the bottom a dozen times with a fork and place in freezer for at least 20 minutes (this helps the crust to retain its shape when baking).
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the almond meal and flour. Finally mix in the brandy.
Remove the tart shell from the freezer and spread the batter evenly on it. Arrange the pear slices on top of this pushing them lightly into the batter. You can get as creative as you wish with the arrangement. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Bake at 350° C for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool to serve.
- 1 shortbread type pie shell
- 1 large can of pear halves in light syrup, sliced in 1/8 inch slices
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons pear brandy (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (cassonade if possible)
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com