- 1 round shortcrust pie pastry
- 1 large can (28 ounce) pear halves in light syrup
- 12 ounces sweetened dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fit the pastry to a tart pan or pie tin and pierce the bottom in several dozen places places with the tines of a fork. You can freeze the fitted pastry for fifteen minutes to help keep it from slipping while baking.
- Drain the pears and slice them into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes or so. Check as you go to see if the chocolate has melted. Stop the microwave as soon as it is all melted.
- Pour and scrape the melted chocolate into the pastry shell. Arrange the pears on top of the chocolate in an attractive overlapping pattern.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and then the cream. Pour this on top of the pears.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 400° F (200°C), or until the top begins to brown.
- If you wish, sprinkle the tart with two tablespoons of sugar and place it under the grill just until the sugar just starts to caramelize (about two minutes - watch carefully).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com