Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 cup very cold whipping cream
- 2 packages vanilla sugar (or 1 tablespoon homemade vanilla or plain sugar)
- 4 ounces ground praline
- Chill cream. Pour the whipping cream into a metal mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare sugar syrup. Place the sugar with 2 tablespoons of water in a small saucepan. Place on medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for two minutes or until 120° C (248° F).
- Whisk eggs and syrup. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and begin beating them with an electric whisk. Continue beating and pour in the sugar syrup in a very thin steady stream. Beat in the coffee extract. Continue beating until the mixture has completely cooled and has become very thick and ribbony (about 10 minutes).
- Whip cream. Remove the mixing bowl from the refrigerator and whip the cream until soft peaks form. Whip in the vanilla sugar and continue beating until firm.
- Fold together. Fold the whipped cream delicately into the whipped egg mixture. Fold in the ground praline and continue folding just until everything is mixed. Spoon this mixture carefully into 6 parfait glasses.
- Layer if you wish. Alternatively you can reserve some of the ground praline and layer it with the egg and cream mixture in the parfait glasses.
- Freeze. Cover the glasses with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 4 hours before serving.
Makes 6 generous parfaits.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com