Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds topinambour (Jerusalem artichokes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot
- salt and pepper
- Peel the topinambour with a paring knife, eliminating any too fussy to bother with knobs. Wash and dry. Slice into 1/8 inch thick rounds.
- Peel and mince the shallot.
- Place a skillet with a tight fitting lid on very low heat. Add the butter, then the shallots, then the topinambour slices. Place the lid on the skillet.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Stir the vegetables no more than once or twice as they are cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes about 4 side dish servings.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com