Purée de pommes de terre à l'ail
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup creme fraiche, whipping cream, half and half, or milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Prepare potatoes and garlic. Peel the potatoes. Cut them into even sized pieces about 1 1/2 inch to a side. Place in a pot of cold water and add several pinches of salt. Peel the garlic and place in the water as well.
- Cook potatoes and garlic. Place the pot on the stove on medium heat and bring to a low boil. Cook at a low boil for 20 to 25 minutes. The potatoes are done when the largest piece breaks apart when poked with a knife.
- Warm cream. Place the creme fraiche (or substitute) in a small pan. Bring the cream just to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Drain and mash. Drain the potatoes when they are done. Use a vegetable mill or an electric mixer to mash the potatoes.
- Mix in warmed cream and butter. Gradually blend in the cream and butter, cut in small pieces. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4, 1 cup servings.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com