Côtes de porc charcutières
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup bouillon (prepared from a cube is fine)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 8 (2 ounces) gherkin pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper
Makes 4 servings.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and shallots. Heat the bouillon in a small saucepan.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium sized saucepan and add the onions and shallots. Cook on low to medium heat until the onions and shallots are soft - about 10 minutes. Stir frequently so they do not brown.
- Sprinkle on the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula, for 3 more minutes.
- Slowly stir n the heated bouillon. Add the concentrated tomato paste, wine, and vinegar and stir vigorously to completely blend.
- Simmer the sauce on very low heat for 20 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, stir in the chopped pickles and parsley.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops. Warm the last tablespoon of butter and the oil in a skillet on medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the pork chops and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove the chops and place them on a serving plate. Pour the sauce on top and serve very hot.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com