Brie pané avec ses deux sauces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese
- oil for frying
- Place the flour and bread crumbs on separate plates. In a shallow bowl, use a fork to whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Slice the Brie into about 24 bite-sized pieces.
- Dredge the cubes in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the cubes in the egg, turning to coat all sides. Finally, coat the cubes well by turning them about in the bread crumbs.
- You can prepare the Brie cubes up to this point and then refrigerate.
- To fry, heat about 1/8 inch of oil in a sturdy skillet on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the cubes. Turn the cubes gently as each side browns. This goes quickly - total frying time is about two minutes. Careful not to over-fry as the cheese will start oozing out of the cubes.
- Drain the cubes on paper towel and serve immediately with the dipping sauces below.
- Makes about 24 appetizers bites.
Dipping Sauce 1: 2 tablespoons red currant jelly, 1/2 tablespoon basalmic vinegar. Stir the ingredients together until blended.
Dipping Sauce 2: 1 tablespoon French style mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon Champagne or white wine vinegar. Stir the ingredients together until blended.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com