Papillotes de saumon au miel et gingembre
- 6 salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each and 1 inch thick)
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 tablespoons crème fraîche (or substitute heavy cream)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Makes 6 servings.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Begin by cooking the onions and ginger. Place a medium sized skillet on medium heat and warm the oil. Add the chopped onions and minced ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Line a 9X13 inch baking dish with several pieces of aluminum foil, allowing for plenty of foil to fold over on top of the fillets. Arrange the salmon in one layer on top of the foil.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the curry powder and salt and pepper. Top the salmon with the cooked onions and ginger, then spoon the crème fraîche and drizzle the honey evenly over everything. Finish by dotting with the butter.
- Fold the foil over the salmon and seal tightly.
- Place the dish in the hot oven and bake for 25 minutes. Cooking time will be slightly longer for thicker fillets.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com