Epinards au beurre
- 2 pounds fresh cleaned baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- optional garnish: croutons
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. When the butter has melted, start adding handfuls of spinach. You may need to let some of it cook down just a bit before you can fit the rest of the spinach in. Just keep adding.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for three to five minutes, occasionally turning the wilted spinach on the bottom of the pan onto the top.
- In the meantime, heat a serving plate. Spinach should be served (and eaten) piping hot. Top with croutons if you wish.
Makes 4 servings.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com