Suprêmes de poulet au curry
- 4 cups vegetables (could be peas, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans)
- 1 onion
- 4 chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (hot or mild - your choice)
- 1 cup crème fraîche, half and half, or coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Slice and blanche vegetables. Wash the vegetables and slice them into small even pieces. Place a large pot of water on medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon salt. When the water boils add the vegetables and cook just until tender - about five minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Rinse with cold water.
- Slice onion and chicken. Peel and chop the onion. Slice the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Cook chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until the chicken is cooked through - about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients. Add the curry powder and stir to coat the chicken. Add the vegetables and then the crème fraîche, half and half, or coconut milk. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve. Serve on top of rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com