Salade de pissenlit
In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the shallot, mustard, vinegar, and anchovy.
Slowly whisk in the olive oil to create a well blended dressing. Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
In a salad bowl, toss the dandelion greens with the vinagrette. Top with grated Parmesan. For a lovely look, use a vegetable peeler to create shavings of Parmesan.
Makes 4 servings.
Variations: This salad is also frequently served with crispy bits of warm bacon and/or chopped
boiled eggs. Also try substituting Roquefort cheese for the Parmesan, or adding toasted
pine nuts or walnuts.
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon French style mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 anchovy, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of dandelion greens (about 10 ounces), rinsed and dried
- 1 ounce portion of Parmesan cheese
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com