- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup additional sugar for topping (raw sugar works well, but so will white sugar)
Makes 6 servings.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until well combined - about 1 minute. Add the milk, cream and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Ladle into ramekins and bake at 220° F for 90 minutes or until set. The edges should be done but the inside still jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least three hours or until completely chilled.
- Just before serving, remove the ramekins from the refrigerator and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar on top of each cream. Using a culinary torch, melt the sugar until it is dark brown. Enjoy immediately.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com