Couscous Recipe - as it is often made in France
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and brown it on all sides. Add two
cups of water, the bouillon cubes, tomato concentrate, carrots, turnips, tomatoes, couscous spices and the harissa.
Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked. Stir occasionally to get everything mixed together.
Add the zucchini and chick peas, cover and continue cooking until the zucchini is tender - about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the merguez in a separate skillet and prepare the couscous.
To serve put the cooked couscous in a large serving dish, pour the chicken and vegetables on top and add the merguez.
Makes 8 servings.
- 8 pieces chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 ounces tomato concentrate
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced (about 1 pound)
- 5 round turnips, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons couscous spices (Ras el hanout)
- 1 tablespoon Harissa (this is enough to make a very spicy dish)
- 2 zucchini, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small can chick peas
- 12 merguez, or 1 1/2 pounds of spicy sausages
- 8 cups cooked couscous
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com