Truffes au chocolat
- 8 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- unsweetened cocoa
Makes about 20 truffles
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl. On low heat warm the cream and butter until nearly boiling. Pour over chocolate and mix gently and thoroughly.
- Allow to cool and than cover and refrigerate over night.
- The next day, using a melon baller, scoop the chocolate into balls. Or just scoop out spoonfuls of the chocolate and quickly roll in your hands to make a ball. Roll the balls in the cocoa and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Other coatings.The contrast between the sweet of the chocolate on the inside and the bitter of the cocoa on the outside is quite nice, but you can roll the truffles in other things as well. Try finely chopped nuts, shredded coconut or powdered sugar.
- Cognac chocolate truffle recipe. Mix in two tablespoons of cognac to the chocolate mixture before refrigerating.
- Coffee truffles. Add one tablespoon of instant coffee to the cream and butter before pouring it over the chocolate.
- Orange truffles. Chop two ounces of candied orange peel very finely and mix it with the broken chocolate before pouring on the warmed cream.
- Ginger truffles. Chop two ounces of candied ginger very finely and mix it with the broken chocolate before pouring on the warmed cream.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com