Mousse au chocolat
- 8 ounces good quality semisweet chocolate
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- whipped cream (optional)
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler. The top of the double boiler should be just above the water and the water should be at a simmer, not boiling.
- separate the egg yolks and whites into two large clean bowls.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Allow the chocolate to cool just slightly then stir the melted chocolate into the egg yolks, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Using a sharp edged spatula, carefully fold the rest of the egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into individual parfait glasses, chill and serve with whipped cream if you wish.
4 to 6 servings
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com