Ganache au chocolat
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooling Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound high quality semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup cream
Ganache and ganache frosted cakes should be stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe makes about 2 cups unwhipped ganache or 3 cups whipped.
- Chop Chocolate. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat resistant mixing bowl.
- Heat Cream. Bring the cream just to a simmer on medium heat. Remove from heat and pour on top of the chocolate.
- Mix and Cool. Stir together the chocolate and hot cream until completely mixed. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Whip (optional). At this point, you can whip the ganache with an electric whisk if you wish. This will increase the volume and lighten the final result. Whip for about two minutes.
- Frost. Frost and fill cakes with this ganache while it is at room temperature.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com