Prep time: 15 min
- 1/2 large or 1 small celery root (total of 600 grams or a little more than 1 1/3 pounds)
- juice of one lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil (sunflower for example)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Makes about 6, 3/4 cup servings.
Variations: Substitute dill, tarragon, or chervil for the parsley. Add a couple tablespoons of chopped pickle or capers.
- Peel. Slice off the top and bottom of the root, then slice off the outer layer. Rinse with cold water.
- Shred. Shred the celery root in a food processor and place it in a salad bowl.
- Juice. Juice the lemon and pour the lemon juice on the celery root. Toss to cover all of the vegetable with lemon juice.
- Make mayonnaise. Place the egg yolk, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender. Turn the blender on and once these ingredients are mixed, begin to slowly add the oil in a very thin stream. It should take about 2 minutes to add all of the oil.
- Toss. Toss the celery root with this mayonnaise and the chopped parsley.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com