Salade de betteraves
Prep time: 20 min -
Cook time: 7 min
- 6 cups baby salad greens, washed and dried
- 6 ounces lardons or lean bacon, cut in small pieces
- 2 large beets, cooked, peeled, and diced
- 4 ounces comté cheese, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts
Makes 4 servings.
- Distribute the salad greens on 4 plates.
- Cook the bacon in a medium sized skillet on low medium heat just until cooked through. Remove from heat and place the bacon on paper towel to absorb any extra grease;
- Place the bacon, beets, cheese and red onion in a salad bowl.
- Prepare a vinaigrette with the walnut oil, vinegar, and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette on the ingredients in the bowl an toss to mix.
- Distribute the beet mixture on top of the salad greens and top with the roasted walnuts.
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com