Pommes Bonne Femme
Remove the core from each apple leaving it whole (an apple corer is of course handy for this, but a paring
knife will work if you cut carefully). Place the apples side by side in a baking dish.
Mix the butter, sugar, cinnamon and raisins (if you are using them) and spoon the mixture into the cored
apples. Add two tablespoons of water to the baking dish and place in a 400°F oven for one hour. Bake until
soft (may take longer if the apples are large).
Serve warm and drizzled with cream and any sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cooking apples (Pink Lady give delicious results)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- toasted slivered almonds and red currant jelly (optional)
Easy French Food //easy-french-food.com