Poulet amandine sauce miel
- 1 cup sliced almonds (3 ounces)
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread the almonds out on a non-stick baking sheet. Toast in the preheated oven for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Open out the chicken breast halves on a cutting board, cover with a sheet of wax paper, and roll over them with a rolling pin so they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare three dredging pans.
In one, place the flour. In the second, beat the egg with the water. In the third, mix the bread crumbs with the ground almonds.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge them first in the flour, then dip in the egg and finally coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and butter on medium heat. When the butter has melted, place the breaded chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook, turning once, until the meat is cooked through - about 5 minutes each side.
- When they are cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and cover them with aluminum foil to keep them warm. Add the vinegar to the warm skillet and stir with a wooden spoon on low heat, scrapping the bits on the bottom of the pan into the vinegar. Stir in the honey and warm through.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce on top of the warm chicken breasts.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com