Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Easy Baked au Gratin Vegetables
This baked spaghetti squash recipe uses one of the most popular cooking methods used by French home cooks.
When you don't know what else to do with a vegetable, mix it with a few yummy ingredients, top it with cheese, and pop it in the oven until bubbly and golden. Au gratin is always a hit.
Vegetable Au Gratin Tips
- Cheese. Don't skimp on the cheese. Try using a high quality cheese on your au gratins. A cooked and pressed cheese like Beaufort or Cantal Cheese is an
excellent choice. Learn more about French cheese.
- Seasonings. You can season this spaghetti squash recipe and other au gratins just about anyway you'd like. Try cumin, cinnamon, curry, or cayenne pepper, just to name a few.
- Additions: No reason to leave this recipe the way it is. Try adding bacon or ham or topping with ground nuts as well as the cheese. Au gratins invite experimentation.
- Au gratin dish. An au gratin should be baked in a shallow and large dish. That way the maximum surface area will get the coveted cheese topping.
- Kids. Au gratin recipes are a great way to get your kids involved in cooking. It is a proven fact that kids like to eat what they have cooked and shredding spaghetti squash is definitely fun.