Salade de foie gras à la mangue
- 8 ounces green beans, cleaned and cut in three inch pieces
- 1/4 cup filberts, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon French style mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups mesclun or lamb's lettuce
- 6 ounces foie gras, sliced (foie gras is easier to slice when it is cold)
Steam cook the green beans until just tender, then rinse in cold water so they stay green.
In a pan on medium heat, toast the filberts just until golden.
Sprinkle the mushrooms with the lemon juice.
Prepare a vinaigrette with the salad oil, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper.
Arrange the mesclun on four salad plates and attractively place the green beans, mushrooms, and mango slices on top. Pour the vinaigrette evenly over the salads then top with the foie gras and sprinkle with the toasted nuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Easy French Food http://easy-french-food.com