Chocolate Bouillie Recipe
by Catherine Question:
I am looking for a chocolate bouillie recipe. Please advise me on quantities and method. Answer:
Chocolate bouillie is just a simple French chocolate pudding. Something good to make the kids when they just have to have a dessert and the refrigerator is
Bouillie au chocolat
- 3 1/2 cups plus 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, broken in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons sifted flour (or substitute1/4 cup cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together the 3 1/2 cups milk, chocolate, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, slowly add the the flour to the remaining 1/2 cup milk, blending well so that there are no clumps. Pour a little of the hot milk mixture into this and blend completely.
- Stir the flour and milk mixture into the simmering liquid, mixing until smooth. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often or even continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Pour the chocolate bouillie into serving dishes.
Can be served either warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to French Food Questions.
More To Explore