Chocolate Bouillie Recipe
Question: I am looking for a chocolate bouillie recipe. Please advise me on quantities and method.
Answer: Chocolate bouillie is just a simple French chocolate pudding. Something good to make the kids when they just have to have a dessert and the refrigerator is bare.
Bouillie au chocolat
- 3 1/2 cups plus 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, broken in small pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons sifted flour (or substitute1/4 cup cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together the 3 1/2 cups milk, chocolate, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, slowly add the the flour to the remaining 1/2 cup milk, blending well so that there are no clumps. Pour a little of the hot milk mixture into this and blend completely.
- Stir the flour and milk mixture into the simmering liquid, mixing until smooth. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often or even continuously.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Pour the chocolate bouillie into serving dishes.
Can be served either warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.